RECIPE: Asian Turkey Lettuce Wrap | Clean Eating
I made this back-to-back days (Sunday/Monday) because we loved it so much.
The Clean Program blog is a GREAT resource for healthy recipes
They get the credit for the yumminess.
I just stepped into my kitchen and cooked.
And took a photo when done.
ASIAN TURKEY LETTUCE WRAP
1 pound ground turkey
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
2 carrots, finely chopped or grated
3 cloves garlic, minced
Fresh ginger to taste (recipe called for 2 Tablespoons -- that would be so strong so I only put in a little grated ginger -- half a teaspoon ish)
1 teaspoon Chinese 5-spice powder
2 Tablespoons wheat-free tamari
2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
1 Tablespoon coconut nectar
1 can water chestnuts, chopped
1 head Boston, bibb lettuce or endive (my favorite is bibb)
2 green onions, chopped
1. Melt coconut oil in skillet over medium heat
2. Add chopped carrots and cook for several minutes
3. Add garlic, ginger, turkey and Chinese 5-spice powder and
saute 3-5 minutes, until turkey is thoroughly cooked
4. Add water chestnuts and cook 3 more minutes
5. Add tamari, rice vinegar and coconut nectar
and stir well and cook for a couple more minutes.
6. Put one scoop of turkey mixture into lettuce leaves.
Top with green onions and cilantro.
7. Squeeze fresh lime over the top -- delicious touch!
The kids had it again tonight for supper.
Definitely a kid-friendly and adult-friendly meal!
Highly recommend that you give it a go!