Followed By A Kitchen Reveal

Thought you might get a kick out of seeing my kitchen post-cooking yesterday afternoon. I lost track of time and had to race to get some casseroles done before getting Maddie from school.
So the kitchen was A DISASTER upon return.


Lest you think I've got it all together {which I sure hope you don't for a MINUTE think that because that would simply be a lie} ... I like to throw in the 'here's the reality of my life' photos just to make you feel good!

Sometimes you have to let your house go to pot to help a friend. Priorities. I'm all about attempting to keep a neat and tidy house but sometimes you just can't keep on top of it all. Oh how I wish I could, but I simply can't.
So if your kitchen's a mess today, that's okay. I bet you've done a million other things that count. You probably did a load or seven of laundry. Or made a meal or three. Or packed a lunch. Or wiped a bottom. Or talked to a friend that needed a boost. Or drove your kids to Toronto and back again. Or remembered to send picture money in the backpack. Or worked your outside-the-home job AND did your inside-the-home job, too.

Give yourself a break {this is primarily self-talk - I'm working on not being so hard on myself - but if you need the talk, then listen.}

Here's an internet-high-five for all you've accomplished today!

Comments

Amber said…
You have no idea how encouraging this was to me today. We had all of our windows replaced (well, they're not done--grrr), Will was gone til late, Elijah missed his nap due to the construction, and there was a fine dust on EVERY surface in every room. And I had to launder all curtains, blankets, etc. I'm only taking a break now to pack for work tomorrow.

Whew. Thanks for the "high-five"! You're awesome. Congratulations on all YOU got done today!!
Alysa said…
Ah, Amber. So glad this was an encouragement to you today. Praying that tomorrow is jam-packed with productivity and joy! Hugs to you.
Jack said…
You're a whirling dervish!
Now I don't feel as bad...Thought I was the only one. Whew!...what a relief! ;)

Peace!...with 2 fingers;)

Popular Posts