Just a Chilly Tuesday Is All

Nothing too exciting to report. I feel a little on the dull side these days.

Maddie has been putting up signs around our house,

trying to encourage spring to come. She wanted the groundhog to see her signs so spring would come early.

When I told her that he {meaning Mr. Groundhog Punxsutawney Phil} saw his shadow yesterday, which means six more weeks of winter, she was ecstatic. I failed to tell her that that was actually bad news and I just let her THINK that spring is coming soon. I think I might have bordered on deception, but I just couldn't handle the wailing and gnashing of teeth that was sure to follow.

Any hoo ...

I wanted to share a few sweet memories made over the last couple of weeks. I came home to our house last Saturday to see this: Jack had made this amazing fort with the kids, complete with strings all over the basement,

and they were snuggled together watching Little House on the Prairie.

I LOVE that show and I LOVE my family even more! I snuggled in too, and the four of us spent a couple of hours just being together, watching a great family show. That has to be one of my top ten memories made with our family. I didn't want it to end. One of those "Little Things in Life." {LOVED IT.}

My little buddy is now potty trained. No chubby diaper bottom. Doesn't he look so cute from behind? I love chubby fingers playing hide-n-seek. Too cute.
Jack took Maddie on a special date night. She got all dolled up and excitedly waited for Jack to take her to Chuck E. Cheese. I love that Jack is intentional about making Maddie feel extra special. His "half-pint."Just a few of the great memories made in the dreary month of January, 2009.

Comments

Mae said…
The signs are so great and I loved the fort. All children seem to love making and playing with forts. Maddie looks so sweet dressed up to go out with Daddy. Thanks for sharing these memories.
Anonymous said…
the best of memories...keep 'em comin'!
sara

Popular Posts