Gettin' To Know Me

I happened upon this idea at this blog and thought I'd lift it. I love this type of thing. It gets me in the dreaming AND reflective mode. As I look over this list I’m reminded of all the adventure I've had in my life. And it makes me want to get back at creating my “BUCKET LIST.” I have LOTS I want to do before I die. LOTS.

The things in blue are things I have done. {I’d love to see your answers – steal the idea. I did! If you don't have a blog, just copy and paste it into an email.}

1. Started your own blog

2. Slept under the stars

3. Played in a band – {secretly want to, though. I’d do drums or guitar for sure.}

4. Visited Hawaii

5. Watched a meteor shower – amazing one in Indonesia.

6. Given more than you can afford to charity

7. Been to Disneyland/world

8. Climbed a mountain

9. Held a praying mantis

10. Sang a solo - not because I wanted to, but because my hand was forced.

11. Bungee jumped

12. Visited Paris

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch – {about to – guitar!}

15. Adopted a child – {do college kids for summers count?}

16. Had malaria – plenty of times.

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty – {no, but got off the ferry, sprinted to touch The Lady and then sprinted back to get on the SAME ferry because we only had 24 hours in NYC and had to do it all.}

18. Grown your own vegetables – they have grocery stores, people.

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France – {been IN the L’ouvre – in the lobby, but were in a race against time, so couldn’t peruse.}

20. Slept on an overnight train – and bus and van and boat.

21. Had a pillow fight

22. Hitch hiked – in Madagascar

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill

24. Built a snow fort – MAJOR tunnels, rooms in the fort … big time memories of this as a child.

25. Held a lamb – {probably but no immediate recollection}

26. Gone skinny dipping – heck ya.

27. Run a Marathon – {Hell no. Couldn’t resist that – after the “heck ya” above it. It simply seemed the right thing to say.}

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice

29. Seen a total eclipse – {I think. That’s the one where you can’t look or you’re blinded, right? If so, we did in 4th or 5th grade. We were corralled into the gym at our school.}

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset – Indonesia ones are the BEST.

31. Hit a home run

32. Been on a cruise – if you call an Indonesian ‘large boat’ a cruise, I suppose so. I wouldn’t necessarily call it a CRUISE.

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors

35. Seen an Amish community

36. Taught yourself a new language – Indonesian. I went to about 2 classes and then ditched those and did it on my own. Maybe THAT’s why no one can understand me.

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - doesn't take much in my case

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person

39. Gone rock climbing

40. Seen Michelangelo’s David

41. Sung karaoke

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt

43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant – back in the day I’d often buy homeless people meals from McDonalds. Haven’t done that in a long time. I need to revisit that idea.

44. Visited Africa – Kenya and Madagascar

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight

46. Been transported in an ambulance

47. Had your portrait painted

48. Gone deep sea fishing – well, I read in the boat and watched the dolphins while Lenny and Paul fished.

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris – at the base but didn’t take the trip to the top. Don’t ask.

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling – both.

52. Kissed in the rain – now that I think about it, I haven’t, but that will change the minute we get a rain. That sounds so very romantic.

53. Played in the mud

54. Gone to a drive-in theater – no, but I SO want to … I MUST. Maybe for my 40th birthday? Someone get on that, would ya?

55. Been in a movie

56. Visited the Great Wall of China

57. Started a business – {not yet.}

58. Taken a martial arts class

59. Visited Russia

60. Served at a soup kitchen

61. Sold Girl Scout Cookiesv- eaten yes. sold no.

62. Gone whale watching – {do dolphins count?}

63. Gotten flowers for no reason

64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma – used to, until I got malaria. Now they won't let me.

65. Gone sky diving

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp

67. Bounced a check – in my pre-Jack days.

68. Flown in a helicopter

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy – still have my Fisher Price school and house.

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial

71. Eaten Caviar – no, but I’ve eaten dog! {And I’m not kidding.}

72. Pieced a quilt – not the old-fashioned kind, but my Aunt Shirley taught me a MUCH quicker, easier way to quilt – and I’m so about quick and easy.

73. Stood in Times Square

74. Toured the Everglades

75. Been fired from a job – Twice. Don’t ask!

76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London

77. Broken a bone – my pointer finger.

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle – VERY fun.

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person – No. But apparently Kristin thinks I have!

80. Published a book

81. Visited the Vatican

82. Bought a brand new car – 1992 White Toyota Corolla.

83. Walked in Jerusalem

84. Had your picture in the newspaper

85. Read the entire Bible

86. Visited the White House

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating

88. Had chickenpox

89. Saved someone’s life

90. Sat on a jury

91. Met someone famous

92. Joined a book club

93. Lost a loved one

94. Had a baby

95. Seen the Alamo in person

96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake

97. Been involved in a law suit – does working for a legal department count?

98. Owned a cell phone – nope, I think I’m the only woman on the face of the earth that doesn’t own one.

99. Been stung by a bee – hasn’t everyone?

100. Married the love of your life. Absolutely.

Comments

Anonymous said…
okay i dont even have to write up the list... i have only done a couple! i am a boring gal. i need some changes i guess! sara
Amber said…
Ok, Alysa---I'm planning to steal your list. :) Great post!
Dad said…
I hate to burst your bubble but you need to mark one off your done list because it really hasn't been done - Your Toyota was a Factory Executive Demo but it was like new. I remember shopping for it with you.
Jill said…
I'm impressed...I did the first fifty on my blog the day you posted this -- haven't gotten to the rest yet...but you are definitely the blogging queen so far in 2009...how cool to see all the amazing things you have done :)

Popular Posts