New Day Brings New Perspective

I'd be lying if I said that I'm fine and everything is hunky-dorey today. However, the heavy burden of last night has lifted and while I feel a general sadness about what transpired yesterday at church, I feel as if God has reached down and picked me up and said, "Alysa, remember what you know about ME. I've proven trustworthy, always. I'm good, always. Sit back and watch me continue to do My thing at My church - not your church."

And so that is what I'm resting in today. What comfort that gives. Sometimes I have to wrestle a bit and then God lovingly taps me on the shoulder and says, "Focus, Alysa. Focus. Remember the Truth about My character and who I am."

Besides the hormonal issues with that curse-ed monthly visitor that comes faithfully knocking, I know that my general mood has been swayed by lack of sleep and a general state of weariness. To combat those seemingly overwhelming factors, I packed a picnic and packed up Jackson and away we went to the Chicago Botanic Gardens - my favorite local getaway (well, that and the Morton Arboretum and the Lake form a 3-way tie as to my faves!). Jackson and I simply enjoyed being outdoors together, smelling flowers, listening to the waterfalls, finding the perfect bench overlooking the lake. And at one point Jackson said, "Miss Manny." And the funny thing is that at that exact same time I had thought that exact same thing. I miss Maddie. [This was our first trip to the Botanic Gardens without her. That was "our" place together since her birth in 2002. As much as I miss her while she's in school, it is nice to give Jackson that undivided attention that she got for 3.5 years.]

Anyway, by the simple intentional act to get myself out in nature, where I recoup best and come alive most, I was reminded again that God's mercies are new EVERY SINGLE MORNING. Even this morning after little to no sleep and after the discouragement of yesterday God showed up. I love that about Him.

I'll leave you with some of my favorite, most challenging verses from the Bible.
Colossians 3:12-14 says:
"As God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, CLOTHE YOURSELVES with compassion, kindness, humiity, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues PUT ON LOVE., which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts." (The rest of this section is great, too!).

Comments

Anonymous said…
So glad that the Lord has lifted your spirit.

Popular Posts