Multi-Tasking Gone Bad

Note to self: there is a BIG difference between 25 minutes and 43 minutes when it comes to leaving hair dye on your head.

So there I was, stop watch going, looking out for the 25 minute mark, quickly typing on my computer, and then it all went down hill from there.

You see, I am a multi-tasker. I can talk on the phone and do dishes, thanks to my handy dandy head set. I can drive and drink Diet Coke (I'm VERY good at that). I can even read two stories at once - Box Car Children to Maddie and Thomas the Train to Jackson. But what I CAN'T do, so I've learned today, is work on a creative project AND dye my hair at the same time. Somehow, I got lost in creating and I swear, I went from 18 minutes on the stop watch to 43 minutes, in the blink of an eye.

For dramatic effect I'd like to say that I'm now a "jet-black" instead of a "golden brown" .... and honestly, when I got out of the shower I was fearful that this was the case. However, as the evening has progressed and as my hair has dried, I am simply a darker shade of brown than originally anticipated. Whew! That was a close one.

Comments

Mae said…
As you well know, I've left hair dye on longer than necessary. Remember the two friends that commented on the fact that my hair seemed darker? Said in a very nice way, of course.
Alysa said…
oh yes, now that you say that, i remember VERY clearly the comments said about your 'darker' than normal hair. too funny

Popular Posts